Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Gamer On the Move

The short version is I got laid off on May 1 and we are moving to Houston, TX. I left for Houston on May 28th to find an apartment. This is a brief post to update friends, family and those bored enough to look.

I loaded up the minivan with my clothes, a pillow and random gaming stuff and headed south.


St. Louis!


Arkansas!

It was dark when I crossed the Texas state line so no picture. I stopped for the night in Lufkin, TX so I could start my apartment search fresh and alert.

Houston!
I met with an apartment locator (thanks Rhonda) who drove me around to look at 5 or 6 different places. I decided I liked the Villas at Edgewater the best and thanks to Shawna's hard work I was able to sign the lease and move in that Friday night.
The billiards room in the clubhouse
Giant dice, my kind of place (billiards room in the clubhouse)
Fountain in the clubhouse

My wife has been trying to train me that if you didn't take a photo it might not have actually happeneed so here are a few photos of the apartment before I unloaded the van and after. I thought I had brought quite a bit of junk but it doesn't seem like much once unloaded.
Washer/Dryer (yea, no laudromats!)

The kitchen
From dining area into living room

Master bedroom, walk-in closet and master bath


Living room stuff

Kitchen

Bedroom
Walk-in closet
A welcome gift from the Villas at Edgewater
and opened




This is a company "car" in Texas!


No comments: