Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Inspiration or What I do Instead of Updating my Blog

I've started following a couple of new(er) gaming blogs. The first is my friend Jeff's blog Jack of All Games. A regular opponent of mine he will hopefully finish a project before we are too old to play (like I can talk). The other is A Year of Frugal Gaming. Like most of us who have been in the hobby for more than two days he apparently has more figures, bits and projects than any reasonable person could finish (of course this is not a hobby for reasonable people).


A Year of Frugal Gaming would do all of us a bit of good. I have been doing my best to cut down on my gaming expenses. I have enough stuff around here to have a decade of frugal gaming (seriously, I have a lot of stuff in the basement). The best goal of a year of frugal gaming is to play more games. I can't agree enough. The reason I do this is to play games with my friends. The cost of getting together to game is relatively low. Maybe a six pack, a bag of chips and a couple of gallons of gas. No more than $10-15. In addition there is no better motivation than an upcoming game to finish a few more models or a piece of terrain.


I will be watching both of these blogs for inspiration, ideas and to see if I can keep up with Dave and his Frugal Gaming. Good luck to us all.


1 comment:

Jenny said...

Yay for more games (accept the zombie ones.)